Thursday, December 6, 2012

The first final of nursing school is out of the way!  One down, two to go.  I took the lab/clinical portion of Assessment this morning, and tomorrow I have the written portion.  This is what my dining room table looks like right now:
What a mess!
Yes, that is a PowerPoint presentation, and a stack of flashcards, and a bunch of notes, and knitting.  I am not one of those people who can read and knit.  There are some days that I can barely pay attention to a conversation and knit (the knitter's equivalent of walking and chewing gum).  But I can take a break to knit!

I am firm believer of taking about ten minutes every hour of studying to Not Study.  Not Study time must not involve the computer, reading, or writing.  For ten minutes, I get away from the written word.  Sometimes I take the dogs out back, or make myself a cup of tea or something to eat, or fold a load of laundry.  Sometimes, like tonight, I knit.

I had to start a dead simple project for finals week.  The fish hats don't work for Not Study knitting because they require some decisions and concentration.  Not Study knitting must be simple so that I can leave it alone after only ten minutes.  I've started the Pointy Elf Hat (Rav link) from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts (which is also on the table, if your eyes are that good).  Dead simple knitting, nothing to think about, great yarn.

But can you see what else is on that table?  It is covered by text books, and I am not planning on doing anything with it until next Tuesday after all the final are finished, because once I start reading it, I know I won't stop.  Several hours will be gone.
That is the latest issue of Taproot.  I can't wait to sink into it.  I can't wait until finals are over.  I can't wait to have a lot of Not Study time.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the rest of your finals.

    Are you attending Squam next year? They started a preregistration this year until December 28.

    ReplyDelete