Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Another reason why I love my husband

He had the house clean when I got home from Squam.  Not only was the house clean, but two of the closets that we have been talking about organizing were organized.  And he had dinner!  It was a pizza, true, but it was a Hawaiian pizza, one of my favorites, not his.  Honestly, neither of these things surprised me.  He is the neater person of the two of us, and he is always looking for a reason to eat pizza.  But I love him because he vacuums because he wants to vacuum and not because he is looking to score some brownie points with me.

AND.... he patiently sat through my show and tell of my new yarn and yarn bag.  Now that is why I love him--because he is interested in the the things that interest me.

And now, without further adieu, the loot:


The skeins on the left are from The Woolen Rabbit.  The grey one is for socks for Mike, and the three others are for a Color Affection Shawl (Rav link ).  The bag was made by my roommate's friend, who should be starting an Etsy shop soon.  The kit in plastic wrap is from French Press Knits and is the kit for her slippers.  I think I might be one of the last few people in the knitting world who hasn't made these yet.  The little rolls in front are embroidery patterns from Rebecca Ringquist.

Oh, and I also bought some handmade shoes, but as those are handmade I don't have them yet.  But shoes and wool in the same place?  Sign me up for next year!

A post on the wonderfulness of Squam is in the works.  Stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment