Monday, September 3, 2012

My Labor Day Weekend

A glimpse of my little corner

I've started a new sock.  Finished the red ones last night while watching the final episode of Lost.  (I'm a bit late to the party on that, I admit, but it was made better by not having to sit through commercials and knowing that I could always watch "just one more" if I wanted to.  And, yes, I cried.  Mike admitted to getting a little choked up, too.  Loved it, and would watch the whole thing again.  Not right now, but eventually.)

I have also been spending a lot of time with that iPad.  All the texts for the nursing program on ebooks, so I can look at them either on my laptop or the iPad.  It is taking some getting used to, but I think I like it well enough.  Saved oodles of money that way, which is really nice since I am not going to be working for the next year.  Gulp.

So far I'm really liking the program.  The professors are great, and constantly remind us that they are teaching us to "think like nurses" and if we don't yet that's okay.  That is why we are here, and they are very successful at what they do, so if we just bear with them we will get to that point together.  I'm moving forward with an open mind and an open heart, and hoping and praying for the best.  It will be lots of work, lots of reading, but hopefully with lots of reward.  Mike says he can tell that I'm already happier.

And I leave you with a picture of the little dudes.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pretty blue drawstring bag in the photo.

    ReplyDelete