Monday, July 30, 2012

The Line Up

My plan for the Ravellenic Games is to use stash yarns for everything.  I have a habit of getting really excited about a project, buying the yarn for it, and then letting it sit in the closet.  All of the projects that I'm planning to finish are yarns from the stash and patterns that I've wanted to make for quite a while.

First up is the Guernsey Wrap (Rav link) by Jared Flood.  I am making it out of the recommended Shelter yarn in the Long Johns colorway.
The second is a baby cardigan, the Puerperium Cardigan (Rav link) by Kelly Brooker.  I'm using Sweater by Spud and Chloe.  I've had this yarn since last fall, and I actually started the cardigan using it (so I know it will work) but frogged it because, well, because of a long story that is really not that interesting.  But it made sense to me at the time, and even though the cardigan was turning out well, I ripped.
Frosty watching over the yarn.  Or looking for other dogs out the window.
Next up is a one-skein cowl.  I bookmarked Cherry Garcia (Rav link) when cowls first "came back" in style.  I think the pattern I have in my library was copied out in 2008.  I think I ordered this yarn for it in the fall of 2010.  This should be a really quick knit.  One evening, maybe two.  It is cables, after all.
For the WIPs wrestling category, I chose a little baby sweater that I've had on the needles since last spring.  It is about halfway finished, and I just ran out of steam.  Should be a cute little thing when it is finished, though.
If for some reason, I start knitting like the wind and get all four of these finished, I have a couple more projects in mind.  I'm over halfway through the first project, thanks to a storm this past weekend keeping us in on Saturday night and Mike writing a paper for class that kept us in on Sunday.  Lots of Olympic viewing and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment