Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Gathering of Aliens


Can you tell what that blob of color is?  Aliens.  Well, maybe not aliens in the traditional sense of the word.
Maybe this picture clears it up.  These are what I call "The Aliens."  UFOs.  Unfinished Objects.  I've gathered all the knitting projects I have sitting in various places around the house so I could get a handle on what I've got going on.  It looks like a lot, and I suppose it is, but it is nothing compared to what it could be. The owner of my LYS has told me that she had eleven socks on the needles at once.  Only socks.  Eleven.  And she doesn't knit only socks.
The knitting bags in the top right of the picture are empty and the pile of knitting in the front right is knitting that needs finishing.  There are four sock projects up there, one of which is on the second sock.  One sock I had to stop because I snapped the needle as I was knitting with it and had to order another one.  Size zero bamboo.  Fragile as a cheese straw.  The red and white thing on the left isn't going any further, but it does need some knitting to finish it up.  The oldest thing on that table is in the basket at the top.  It's a Clapotis, and I'm probably the last person on earth to make one.  (By the way, has anyone seen the new Les Miz movie?  I swear Hugh Jackman/Jean Valjean was wearing a version of Clapotis in his death scene.  He was wearing a lovely cream shawl and I swear it was the same dropped stitch pattern.)  There are also two scarves, a pair of slippers, a pair of mittens, and a pair of fingerless mitts.  So all told, eleven things, plus the finishing.  Not bad.
So today I finished something.
The fish hats! Yay!  A few fins and four buttons for eyes, and these little guys are ready for my nephews.  Yes, they were supposed to be for Christmas, but who doesn't like a present when you least expect it?  They are so cute.  I can't wait to see pictures of the hats on those sweet little heads!

Now I'm off to watch Survivor.  After a day of studying (and a bit of knitting) I'm looking forward to a glass of wine and some game theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment