Friday, November 30, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 25, our window garden

We have a little jungle growing right next to our dining room table.  Every time I cut some fresh basil for pasta or fresh parsley for stock, I am thankful for these plants.  We started a lot of these outside this past summer.  After going through all the work to get them going, we really didn't want to let them die in the frost.
Mike is really helpful with the upkeep of the plants.  In fact, I think he is more into them than I am.  In fact, I would say that he is borderline obsessed with keeping these plants alive and healthy.  It might be a personal challenge for him.  Fine with me-- he can grow than and I will cook them!  (Maybe I can get him interested in a garden in the spring......)

No comments:

Post a Comment