Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 4, My Sister

Today I am thankful for my sister.  I would not be the person I am if I didn't have siblings.  I would have hated to be an only child (although I suppose I wouldn't have known better, and I'm sure there were times growing up that I wished with all my heart that I was an only child) and I know that having a brother and a sister certainly helped shape the person I am today.

My sister and I have shared a room, shared a car, shared an apartment.  Not all of this was done gracefully, but we got through it.  We still have some inside jokes that have gone back years and years.  And the older I get the more important I think that is.  We share a history.  She is someone that I'll be able to say "remember when" and she will remember.  I have had some of the best most breath-catching laughs of my life with her.  And she frustrates me in a way that only a sister can do.  But I love her.
Look at my shoes.  I was all about shoes, even then.

No comments:

Post a Comment