Monday, November 5, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 5, the library

I love the library.  I have since I was young.  At my hometown library there was a Reading Tub that everyone used to fight over.  It was an antique cast iron bathtub that had been upholstered so you could just lean back and read.  I want one in my house right now.  I would put it in the middle of the living room and just relax while studying.

Which is how I ended up at the library today.  Studying.  This is how my coffee table looked this morning:
I really should clean the screen of that iPad.
I was all settled in for an afternoon of studying.  My Day of Thankfulness was going to be about spending a quiet afternoon with the dogs.  Because, you see, the dogs were doing this:
Brett lounging in the dining room.
Charlie hiding behind a chair.
Everything was peaceful.  And then, who knows.  A bird flew by.  A squirrel ran across the fence.  Maybe nothing.  But all the dogs started barking and I realized that I really should leave the house if I was going to get anything accomplished.

The base has a great library.  It has been renovated over the past couple of years and the chairs are really comfortable.  Mike and I often stop in there before going grocery shopping on the weekends.  They've really developed their teen/young adult section in the past year, too, which is great because I happen to think some very interesting fiction is being written for the YA set.  (And I'm not talking Twilight.  Don't even get me started on Twilight.  Blech.)

So I got some studying done.  Five hours of it to be exact.  And I picked up a couple of new books to read. Can't leave a library without picking up at least one book!  Yay for libraries!

No comments:

Post a Comment