Friday, November 30, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 30, the internet

How did I ever do anything before the internet?  I mean, how would I have ever researched brining a turkey?  Or how to make a buttonhole on a knitted sweater?  Or spend countess hours reading about (insert intriguing notion here:  making soap, growing herbs, diy furniture, homemade dog biscuits)?

I am thankful for this crazy thing.  Because of it I have found friends that I have missed.  I have played games with people thousands of miles away.  Shared photos with family.  Seen weddings I couldn't attend personally.

I know that some argue that the internet and online profiles and other assorted issues of computers are really driving us apart.  That we don't really know anyone on the internet, and that we only know a subset of who they are.  I can understand that.  However, I am trying to use my online presence (as it were) for good.  Something that brings forth positive things.  The internet can be negative, and I don't want to be a part of that.

I am also thankful that, because of the internet, I was able to share my thoughts on thankfulness.  I am thankful that I was able to finish, with a little push at the end.  And I am thankful that I can move on to posting about Christmas knitting!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment