Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 7, Ravelry

Today, as I sit here trying to put together my holiday knitting list, I am thankful for Ravelry.  Ravelry is where I go for patterns, pattern help, group discussions, and all other things knitting related.  It is social (if you want it to be) or not (if that's more your thing).  I spend more time on Ravelry than Facebook.  In fact, people have written about it.  I would know a whole lot less about knitting if there was no Ravelry.  To paraphrase Voltaire, if Ravelry didn't exist, we would have to invent it.

I also want to say that I am thankful for the outcome of the vote last night.  Although North Carolina didn't go quite the way I had hoped, I am very happy with the re-election of President Barack Obama.  I started crying when, at 11:12 p.m., MSNBC projected Obama the winner of Ohio and as such the national election.  I think this election will be historically important, and I am thankful and proud that I participated in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment